Powertex is the #1 textile hardener in the world. Powertex has developed into a true trend setter in textile hardening. Powertex Medium is the most versatile art medium perfect for creating beautiful sculptures, mixed media art, and gourd art as well as so much more. Powertex Medium can be used with fabric, cardboard, paper, paper mache, leather, stone, concrete, fiberglass and with all absorbent and preferably natural materials .
It easily mixes with sand and wood powder to create structures. It does not adhere to plastic.
Once cured, Powertex is weather resistant and can be left outdoors (except for Powertex Transparent). Mix with Stone Art (Paper Mache) or Easy 3Dflex (Modeling clay) to create air dry clay.
Powertex is non toxic and is awarded with the AP non toxic seal by ACMI (Arts & Creative Materials institute).
- Always stir Powertex thoroughly from the bottom !
- Store Powertex fabric stiffener at room temperature.
- Do not freeze liquid product (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Cover your workplace with plastic : Keep in mind that Powertex adheres almost to anything except plastic.
- Work with disposable gloves once you start working with the liquid.
- Powertex textile hardener is environmentally friendly and cleans up with water and soap, when it’s not hardened yet.
- Any type of paint can be used over dry Powertex.