» Home » Uncategorized » Misted Altered Frame

Misted Altered Frame

February 18, 2012

This altered frame was quite a challenge, but ended up better than I had originally imagined.  I found the frame on clearance and wanted to alter it, but the problem was that it had a glossy finish so it wasn’t really suitable for misting with inks.   I didn’t want to paint it with a gesso and risk the loss any of the flourish details, so a little experimentation came into play.   I took a trip to the hardware store and bought a spray-paint primer in a matte finish.   Imagine my surprise when after a coat of primer dried, the mists still beaded and did not want to stick.   So, Plan B.   This time I carried my mists outside and sprayed the frame once more with primer and while the primer was still wet and tacky, I began misting.   I also found that if I would dry the mists with my heat gun between layers, I got this lovely pooling of colors as well as a unique speckling of glimmer goodness.   I used a variety of pink Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists on the entire frame and insert pieces; Vintage Pink, Valentine Pink, Cadillac Pink, Tutti Frutti, Party Pink, and Pomegranate. 

The inside of the frame is Mistable paper and Mistable pleated ribbon by Pink Paislee and was glued in the frame using Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive   The dress form is a chipboard piece from Basically Bare that was embossed and misted and finally dressed with a wrapped skirt of ribbon trim and a little bling around the neckline.   The quote was printed on my computer and after cutting and misting, I used Helmar ZapDots to pop both the dress form and the quote.  And finally, Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive holds my key in place on the bottom corner as well as the ribbon trim on the dress form and the half spool of thread. 

So, with a little determination and effort, I might be able to mist anything.

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Leave a Comment

CommentLuv badge

Previous post:

Next post: